THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 8, 2009

Drinking a special dose of spontaneity times 500

Most random day ever. I was suppose to leave with my ate today but we overslept. She didn't end up going to work, I ended up skipping my 2 classes today to get a tattoo. Yes, that's right. A tattoo..it's a birthday present from my ate! =] Thank you so much ate, I love it! .x3. I've been planning to get a tattoo for a while, it's just that I keep putting it off because I was scared. It's true what my sister said, "If you don't do it now, you won't do it ever. Fear is the only thing that stands in the way of doing something you want." I was actually suppose to get it on friday, but the day came sooner than I thought. We used the time for our convenience. lol. I promised Franklin he has to be there when I get mine. So I text Franklin, and before you knew it, my sister, Franklin, and I are in the tattoo shop by 12:30...all 3 of us are getting tattoos. I was first! =[ I didn't mind because I wanted to get it over with. As I was sitting on the chair getting ready, I was really really really really nervous and scared about the pain. As my tattoo artist, Shane, was placing the stencil on the side of my wrist, I couldn't help it but my hands were shaking from nervousness. lol. My ate had to hold my hand to make it stable so that it wouldn't look uneven. Stenciling was done and now Shane was opening a newly packaged needle. The needle is so fxckn LONG like about 5-6 inches long, but she assured me only a few millimeters will only penetrate the layers of skin. I admit..it was intimidating though. As soon as Shane turned on the machine and I heard the vibrating noise..I really wanted to cry and look away. I knew there was no turning back now so I just told her to hurry and start it. She said she'll do a test line first to ask me if the pain was okay. I was holding my ate's hand ready for the coming pain. Franklin was still talking to the other tattoo artist about the tattoo he's getting, but I told him he has to hurry and come straight to me as soon as he was done because I needed all the motivation I can get. lol. So anyway, I was looking away from Shane tattooing the test line, holding my ate's hand with all my might. The first words that came out of my mouth, and I swear to God I said this, "that's it?!" Seriously guys, I really hyped myself for nothing. The pain is very tolerable. It's nothing like how people explain it such as a hot knife slicing your skin, or a bee stinging you multiple times, or a nail filer filing your skin continuously. The pain is simply indescribable. You'll never know how it is until you get one. But I will say that the pain is very tolerable. Trust me, I'm a scaredy cat and a cry baby. The pain is like a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the most painful). As you get closer to the bone though, it gets a little uncomfortable and painful but yet it's still tolerable. Of course, it does depend on one's own tolerance for pain, the location on the body and the size of the tattoo. lol. It's different for everyone. Now why, what, and where you may ask did I get tattooed on my body? Here are my reasons/explanation/story: I got the word "pangarap" in script with 3 stars progressively getting bigger (like ellipses) before the word. Pangarap in Tagalog means dream, not dream as in dreams in your sleep (the Tagolog word for that is panaginip), but dream...meaning goals, wishes, desires and aspirations. There are multiple reasons why I chose that word and why it's in Filipino/Tagalog. For 1, I believe that if we all had the things we wanted in the world, we wouldn't be able to dream and strive for what we want. We wouldn't know the meaning of working hard for what we desire in life..from the simple things like Acing an exam to more complex things like achieving happiness and success in life. 2, It's in Tagalog because I want it to represent my roots..where I came from...my culture..being a Filipino. And 3, the 3 stars that look like ellipses represent me and my sisters. Gradually getting bigger, it represents Tiff (big star/youngest), me (bigger star/middle child), and Gi (biggest star/oldest). There, that's my reason. I know a lot of people don't approve of tattoos and/or piercings, but I however find it as a form of expression and art. My parents come from a traditional, very cultured and strict family (although my father has a tattoo of a scorpion on his shoulder), I know they will not approve of it and I understand where they're coming from. Heck, when I become a parent, I'm sure I won't approve some of my child's decisions. I wouldn't mind them getting a tattoo or a piercing just as long as it doesn't scream insanity. Okay, I'm going off on a tangent. Let me stop myself before I babble on and on incessantly because I can talk about this for hours, but what I'm trying to say is that getting a tattoo is a very important decision. No, I did not get it just because it's pretty. I don't get things tattooed on my body just because of how it looks. It has to be symbolic, meaningful, worth the pain, and worth it being on your body til the day you die. And no, I don't regret it and I never will. My sister told me it's addicting, Franklin and Lorelie told me the same thing. They're right. I want another one. lol. Okay, here's what you've all been waiting for.After that, I went with Franklin to QC to get his paperwork then we went to Hunter while my ate headed for work. I just went to Hunter to print some stuff..chilled there for a bit then I went home. Hmm..I'd say this was quite a memorable day! lol.

It's super hot and humid..but its ugly outside because it's been raining this whole week!

POTD: Protect yourself from the Swine flu!
QOTD: "Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality." >Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SOTD: No More-3LW

0 comments: